An Important COVID-19 Message from Healthy Horizons Pediatrics
As COVID-19 continues to spread in our communities, our public health officials recommend social distancing and limiting contact with potentially infected individuals as effective strategies to combat this disease. To help enforce the “Stay at Home” policy and to protect our patients and our staff, we will implement these new policies aimed at limiting patient contact.
1) We will offer only virtual appointments for anyone with a fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat or other respiratory symptoms.
2) We will now operate by appointment only and will no longer accept walk-in patients. Walk-in patients will be instructed to immediately return to their vehicles and call so that they can be properly screened.
3) We will continue to see patients for wellness checks and immunization visits in the office.
4) We will continue to see patients with non-infectious illnesses, such as Asthma, etc. in the office.
5) All other patients will be offered virtual appointments.
6) We ask that only one parent or guardian accompany the child to the office visit.
7) If your child has a cough, fever, sore throat, runny nose or other respiratory tract symptoms, please stay at home and call to speak with your provider.
8) If you suspect that your child has been exposed to or has contracted COVID-19 infection, please call the Indiana State Health Department at: (317) 233-7125 (9am to 5pm) and (317) 233-1325 (after hours).
9) Our offices will be open for office visits from 9am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday. We are suspending our evening and Saturday hours during this period. Virtual appointments will be available throughout the day and during the evenings and weekends.
Please join us to kick out Coronavirus by practicing these five key steps and pass on the message:
1) Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or an alcohol-based solution.
2) Cover your nose and mouth with a bent elbow or tissue when you cough and dispose of tissue immediately.
3) Avoid touching your face, particularly your eyes, nose, or mouth to prevent the virus from entering your body.
4) In terms of social interaction, take a step back. Stay at least 6 feet from others.
5) If you feel unwell, please stay home.
Healthy Horizons Pediatrics.
Welcome to Our Blog!
Healthy Horizons Pediatrics would like to welcome you to our blog. Here you will find informative and useful postings about child health care and our practice.
At Healthy Horizons Pediatrics we believe that educated parents are better prepared to make decisions regarding their child’s health and wellbeing. Our blog was designed to provide you with valuable health care information, the latest pediatric developments and child health care advice from our dedicated team.
Healthy Horizons Pediatrics hopes you find our blog to be a great resource for keeping up to date with proper child health care and treatments.
We welcome all comments and questions.
-- Healthy Horizons Pediatrics
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.